Happy National Pancake Day!
In honor of National Pancake Day, Emma and I decided to whip up a batch of these pancakes this morning.
Simple From-Scratch Pancakes
2 c. flour (I use white whole wheat.)
2 Tbs. sugar
2 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. oil + extra for the pan
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon).
- Whisk in the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil).
- Warm your skillet over medium heat.
- Brush a little bit of oil in the pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter (more or less depending on how large you want your pancakes) into the pan.
- Let it cook until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Carefully flip the pancake over and cook until both sides are browned and the center is cooked through.
Since National Pancake Day made us all happy, we decided to add a little happy to our pancakes in the form of a smiley face and a flower designed with Nutella. Because Nutella just GOES with pancakes. Yum!
Nutella wants to help you spread the happy by offering two free jars of Nutella each to two Simple Pen readers. To enter, simply leave a comment on this post telling us how you like to eat Nutella.
Entries will remain open until Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST. One winner will be randomly chosen. The winner will be emailed and will have 24 hours to respond. If there is no response, a new winner will be chosen. U.S. addresses only please.
Disclosure: I received a Nutella prize pack in exchange for hosting this giveaway. All opinions are – as always – honest and my own.