Want to read the whole series?
You can find all the 31 Days of Becoming an Intentional Parent posts listed here.
Our days are filled with homeschooling, meal-making, cleaning, and all sorts of other tasks. While we encourage Emma’s play time, we have to be really intentional about getting creative and silly with her. When we do, the rewards are huge.
What are some simple ways to get silly with the kids?
- Grab some puppets and do an impromptu puppet show. Daddy was the villain in our last one.
- Have a pillow fight.
- Crank up the music and dance. Show off those moves from the 80s if you have them.
- Sing crazy songs. Or sing songs you all know and make up new words for them.
- Act out a favorite story book.
- Play Hide-and-Seek. If you don’t like to hide, play hide the sock or toy or whatever instead.
- Blow up a balloon and play volleyball in the living room.
You can stay up-to-date on this topic and join in the discussion in several ways:
Here on the blog (This link goes to the Intentional Parenting category. Feel free to bookmark it.)
You can also subscribe to the RSS feed for 31 Days of Intentional Parenting or get 31 Days of Intentional Parenting updates in your inbox each afternoon.