Thanksgiving is just around the corner. If you want to start planning for those turkey leftovers, this is the recipe for you. It will add a little kick to those leftovers.
Southwest Turkey Cups
2 tsp. Homemade taco seasoning
3 cups leftover turkey, cubed
3 8 oz. refrigerated crescent roll tubes
15 oz. can corn, drained
15 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (or a cheddar-jack blend)
1 cup salsa
- Open the crescent rolls and separate them into 12 rectangles (4 per tube). Each rectangle should be two triangle crescents connected together.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Press each rectangle into a muffin cup, leaving the corners sticking up.
- Mix turkey, corn, black beans, salsa, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Scoop an equal amount of the turkey mixture into each cup. (I had leftover mix, so I sprayed a glass baking dish with cooking spray and baked the mix in that.)
- Bake at 350° for 6 minutes.
- Remove trays from the oven. Sprinkle the tops of the cups with the remaining cheese. (I also sprinkled cheese on the leftover mix in the glass bowl.)
- Return to the oven for another 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and crescents are lightly browned.
- Serve warm, topped with more salsa.
I’m sharing this post at:
:: Tip Me Tuesday hosted by Tip Junkie
:: Tasty Tuesday hosted by Balancing Beauty & Bedlam
:: Works for Me Wednesday hosted by We Are THAT Family
:: I’m Lovin’ It Fridays hosted by Tidy Mom
:: Ultimate Recipe Swap hosted by Life As Mom
:: Finer Things Friday hosted by The Finer Things in Life
:: Chic & Crafty hosted by The Frugal Girls
:: Weekend Wrap Up Party hosted by Tater Tots & Jello