Chocolate and peanut butter. In my world, the flavor combinations don’t get much better that that! So when my sweet tooth starts me craving a Reese’s cup, I need to make sure I have a healthier option on hand. The struggle is real, friends. 😉
Today I took the Pay Off Day Candy recipe from the THM cookbook and put my own chocolate-peanut butter spin on it!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Squares
- 4 Tbl. butter
- your sweetener equivalent of 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend)
- 1/8 tsp of stevia (if you like the extra sweetness)
- 4 Tbl. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbl. natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Lily’s chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- a sprinkle of Real Salt
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sweetener, stevia, and whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer on medium for 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, chocolate chips, and peanuts. Stir until melted together.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined pan.
- Sprinkle Real Salt over mixture.
- Freeze until set.
- Cut into 24 squares. Store in freezer.