One of my favorite things about Fall is the smell of Fall baking. Apples. Pumpkin. Spices. No need to light a scented candle to make the house smell heavenly. I made my mom’s Applesauce Spice Cake the other night, and it truly made the house smell Fall-ish.
2 1/2 cups flour (I used white whole wheat)
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ligher flavor olive oil
1 cup raisins (I used Craisins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease/spray a 13×9 pan.
- Beat all ingredients except raisins in a large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add raisins and mix lightly.
- Bake 55-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.