Everyone loves a good cheeseball, right? Well…. Even if you’re not a fan of the traditional cheesy, rolled-in-nuts kind of cheeseball, you’re going to LOVE this one. It’s a dessert cheeseball. I don’t actually roll it into a ball. I cheat and make it in a pretty glass bowl. (Truthfully, I use lower-fat ingredients, and they don’t like to set up into a ball-ish consistency.) Either way, it’s delicious! We eat it with graham crackers (regular or chocolate), Nilla Wafers, or shortbread cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 T. brown sugar
3/4 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. mini chocolate chips
- Beat softened cream cheese, softened butter, and vanilla until creamy.
- Slowly add brown sugar and powdered sugar until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place mixture onto a piece of waxed paper and form into a ball.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- You can roll this into crushed pecans if you wish. I’m not a fan of nuts, so I just go with the bowl.
- Serve with graham crackers or cookies of your choice.