Here’s a great recipe that will help you use up the zucchini that you might still have. I got the recipe from a friend, and I’d credit her source if I knew it! My uncle blessed us with two bags of zucchini. My husband was sure that two of them were actually watermelons in disguise! I shredded it all, packed it in 2 cup servings (that’s what most zucchini recipes call for), and froze most of it. I baked a few batches of these and shared them. For someone who otherwise can’t stand zucchini, I got my fill!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
3 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup lighter flavor olive oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients except sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Add oil and vanilla. Beat to combine. (This doesn’t combine well.) Add zucchini.
- Stir in flour mixture. Add chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees… choose your pan style:
- 55-60 minutes for 2 9×5 loaf pans
- 20 minutes for 24-30 cupcakes
- 35 minutes for 16 mini loaf pans
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Then remove to a wire rack.