Oh my spicy goodness! Emma and I were trying to think of something to bake tonight. We were debating back and forth between ginger cookies and scones. Aha! Why not combine the two? So we did. We used my friend Amy’s Cinnamon Glaze recipe to top them. Pure spicy yumminess.
Gingerbread Scones with Cinnamon Glaze
2 cups flour (I used white whole wheat.)
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ginger
1/4 c. cold butter
1/4 c. milk
1 Tbl. lemon juice
3 Tbl. water
3 Tbl. molassas (unsulphured)
1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger) in mixer bowl. You could also use a hand mixer for this.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add them to the dry mix. Mix with the mixer on low until well combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Add milk, lemon juice, water, molasses, and vanilla. Mix until combined into a dough.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or spray it with cooking spray).
- Flatten the dough onto the cookie sheet. It should make about a 12 inch circle.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to score it into 12 pieces.
- Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until barely browned.
1 Tbs. melted butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1-2 Tbl. milk
1 c. powdered sugar
Combine all ingredients, and add milk as needed to make it as thick/thin as you like. Drizzle it over the slightly cooled scones.
These make a wonderful snack or breakfast treat. Enjoy!
I’m sharing this post at:
:: Tasty Tuesday hosted by Balancing Beauty & Bedlam
:: Works for Me Wednesday hosted by We Are THAT Family
:: Chic & Crafty hosted by The Frugal Girls