I love dinners that are quick and easy. Here’s one that goes together quickly, bakes quickly, and tastes great.
Crunch Coat Broiled Fish
- 12 oz. fish fillets (I used tilapia.)
- 1 c. plain Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste (I used 6 twists of the pepper grinder.)
- 3 Tbl. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Thaw fish according to package directions. Pat dry.
- In a shallow dish, mix breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- In another shallow dish, crack and scramble the egg.
- In a third shallow dish, place about 1/2 c. of flour. You may need to add more before you’re done.
- Place the bowls in this order: flour, egg, breadcrumb mixture.
- Coat each fish fillet in flour, then egg, then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place fillets on a foil-lined pan (yes, I like easy cleanup!) sprayed with cooking spray.
- Once all fillets have been coated, sprinkle any leftover breadcrumb mixture over the fish, and press it down with the back of a fork.
- Broil the fillets for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, flip the fillets (can’t have one crispy side and one mushy side!), and return the pan to the oven.
- Broil for another 3 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 450 degrees.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
I’m sharing this post at:
:: Mouthwatering Monday hosted by A Southern Fairytale
:: Tip Me Tuesday hosted by Tip Junkie
:: Tasty Tuesday hosted by Balancing Beauty & Bedlam
:: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday hosted by Blessed with Grace
:: Tuesdays at the Table hosted by All the Small Stuff
:: Look What I Made hosted by A Thrifty Mom
:: Works for Me Wednesday hosted by We Are THAT Family
:: Thrifty Thursday hosted by Coupon Teacher
:: Strut Your Stuff Thursdays hosted by Somewhat Simple
:: Recipe Swap hosted by The Grocery Cart Challenge
:: I’m Lovin’ It Fridays hosted by Tidy Mom
:: Finer Things Friday hosted by The Finer Things in Life