NY Style Cheesecake
1-3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 T. sugar
1 t. cinnamon
5 T. unsalted butter, melted
4 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (I use light. Fat-free does not work.)
1-2/3 c. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1/8 t. salt
4 large eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
- Grease bottom and sides of a 10 inch springform pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine crust ingredients with a fork. Stir until moist.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese at medium to medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating only until combined.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour filling over crust in pan. Place pan on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes until center is nearly set when shaken. (I’ve found that it’s slightly browned on top when it’s done.)
- Remove pan from oven and cool 15 minutes.
- Carefully loosen cake from sides. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Remove sides. Cool completely.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
The cake can be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen (well wrapped) up to 3 weeks.
2 c. sliced strawberries
1 c. blueberries
1 c. raspberries or blackberries
* Frozen berries will work. Just thaw and drain first.
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 c. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. water
2 T. orange juice
- In a saucepan, combine berries, lemon juice, and sugar.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, water, and orange juice. Add to fruit mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Cool to room temperature.